In a similar way to Windows storing deleted files in the Recycle Bin, Webmail stores deleted messages in the trash folder. If you wish to disable this feature, follow the steps below:
- Log in to Webmail:
- Point your web browser to http://webmail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain).
- Enter your email address (i.e. the mailbox name) and password when prompted.
- Select your favourite Webmail program: Roundcube, SquirrelMail or Horde.
- Disable the Trash folder:
- RoundCube: Open Settings, select Special Folders and set Deleted Items to "---".
- SquirrelMail: Go to Options, Folder Preferences, and then Special Folder Options. For the Trash Folder, choose Do not use Trash.
- Horde: Go to Options (gear icon), Preferences, Mail, and then Deleting and Moving Messages. Select the option to Move Deleted Message to your Trashm and then set the Trash mailbox to None.