PayPal is a well-known payment service that is accepted by online merchants all over the world. It functions as an online wallet with which you can make payments, receive payments, and transfer money to and from your bank account. PayPal is renowned not only for its convenience, but also for the extra layer of security it provides. When paying an online vendor your banking or credit card information is completly shielded from the vendor. Also, the PayPal buyer protection policy offers further peace of mind.
ANNO Internet offers the following payment options via PayPal:
- You can pay one or more invoices on demand.
- For recurring services such as monthly web hosting, you can set up a PayPal Subscription to facilitate automatic payment.
- We are able to issue refunds to a PayPal account.
In North America and Europe many people have their bank accounts and credit cards linked to their PayPal for easy online use. South African exchange controls makes this very difficult for South African users. At this time (May 2012) we are aware of the following options for South African users:
- You can use PayPal to pay for purchases, send money worldwide (e.g. to family or friends), and receive money from other PayPal users.
- You can link a South African credit card to fund your PayPal account. You cannot withdraw money from PayPal to your credit card.
- FNB offers a "Top Up and Withdraw" service with which you can fund your PayPal account from an FNB account, or withdraw funds from PayPal to any (not only FNB) South African bank account.